In the changing scenario of banking in India, there is a high growth potential observed in this promising sector for all levels of academics and multiple verticals of education. While Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is acting as an apex authority for competent selection of candidates for majority of public sector banks (except SBI) the IBPS Common Written Examination (CWE) has gained enough importance in recent years as far as banking sector recruitment is concerned. In the year 2012 alone more than 20000 posts has been advertised through various banking institutions, who have maintained a mandatory criteria for IBPS Scores. The upcoming year of 2013 is also expected to except similar or more vacancies which will be demanding IBPS as a standard of selection for competent banking positions, in both Managerial as well as Clerical cadre.
Its known to everyone that the validity of the IBPS CWE Score cards for Clerical recruitment, which was held in November/ December 2011 is expiring by February 2013. As an invariable criteria for all public sector banks (except SBI), the next batch of IBPC CWE for Clerks-II is expected to take place during December this year (i.e.2012). With certain change in examination pattern and expansion of its girth of service, IBPS CWE for Clerks-II is going to be of much more importance than its counterparts conducted earlier this year and before.
New Addition to IBPS CWE Admirers:
From this year onwards, IDBI bank has mandated IBPS in line with other 19 public sector banks to adopt its testing scores for recruitment of its clerical cadre as well as managerial positions. With this new addition, the number of Public Sector Banks accepting IBPS Score has reached to a total number of twenty (20).
New Mode of Examination:
Earlier IBPS CWE was being conducted through OMR answer sheets as well as descriptive questionnaires in pen and paper mode. But with the amendment to its examination procedure, from December 2012 edition onwards, IBPS has decided to conduct the CWE through ONLINE mode only. This real-time examination, will help in making the examination process more transparent as well as streamline the evaluation procedure.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
How to Apply: Apply Online Here
All candidates, who fulfill the basic eligibility requirements of Academics, Age and Nationality can now apply ONLINE to appear for the IBPS scheduled to be conducted during December 2012.
The dates for applying online are as follows:
- Starting date for submission of ONLINE application: 15th October 2012
- Closing date for submission of ONLINE application: 5th November 2012
It should be noted that no other mode of application will be entertained by the IBPS, only except which have been applied through the website of IBPS at www.ibps.in
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges (Payable from 15.10.2012 to 05.11.2012 (Online payment) and 17.10.2012 to 09.11.2012 (Offline payment) both dates inclusive).
For General Candidates: Rs. 400/-
For SC/ST/PWD/EXSM Candidates: Rs. 50/-
Payment of fee/ intimation charges through the offline mode can be made through the CBS branches of any one of the seven public sector banks as, Bank of Baroda, Bank of India, Bank of Maharashtra, Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Punjab National Bank, and United Bank of India.
General Guidelines for ONLINE Application:
- Candidates need to ensure that all fields are filled with accurate and factual data while applying ONLINE.
- Candidates must scan their recent photographs and signature in order to upload them during applying ONLINE
- Candidates need to limit their scanned image size as per the specifications of IBPS as declared on the website
- The candidates need to include their Application Fee Payment Status during filing of ONLINE application
- The candidates will have the option to re-print the application with fee payment details up to three days after submission of completed ONLINE application
- It is vital to note that whatever details are entered by the candidate during submission of ONLINE application form, will be considered as final and no chance will be offered to candidate to modify or rectify the information. Hence, candidates need to exercise acute care and precaution before entering particulars.
- Applications without a valid email or without scanned photo/ signature will be considered invalid for registration process
- If a candidate do not received any message through email or SMS, he/she should deem it that his/her application has not been registered successfully.
The IBPS CWE scores are valid for one year from the date of publication of the results and therefore within this time frame, people can apply. It is then up to the respective banks to call the applicants to appear in rounds of interview and/or group discussions. At the end of it all, the respective banks come out with a score of their own, by providing weightage to the scores in the CWE and in the interview/group discussion and the merit list is published finally. This is the manner in which the candidates will be finally selected and they have a door open for a prospective banking career.