Advertisement Number: HRDD/ RECT/ 03/ 2012
Indian Overseas Bank, a leading Public Sector Bank with headquarters in Chennai having geographical presence all over India and abroad invites On-line applications from Indian Citizens for the post of clerks, who have taken the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre post conducted by IBPS in Nov/ Dec 2011 and obtained a valid IBPS CWE – CLERK 2011-2012 Score Card and who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in this notification below.
Candidates are requested to apply only through online between June 29, 2012 and July 14, 2012 through our Bank’s website www.iob.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted.
Online Registration (Opening Date ) – June 29, 2012
Online Registration (Closing Date ) – July 14, 2012
Payment of Application Fee /Postage Charge – June 29, 2012 to July 14, 2012
Tentative Date of Interview – August/ September 2012
Name of The Post: CLERK
Total Number of Vacancies: 1500
IBPS Score Requirement:
Candidates should have obtained the valid IBPS CWE-CLERK 2011-2012 Score card, score in each test components and Total Weighted Standard Score (TWS) as mentioned below in the Common Written Examination conducted for Clerical cadre post in November/ December 2011. Candidates should be able to produce the original IBPS CWE-CLERK 2011-2012 Score Card in support of the scores mentioned in the on-line application form, if called for Interview.
- For General Category – 120 (Minimum)
- For Reserved Category – 105 (Minimum)
- A Pass with 65% marks (60% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) in HSC of 10 + 2 (10+2+3) pattern or Intermediate / Pre-University or any equivalent examination recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Administration.
- A pass with 60% marks in Diploma in Banking (55% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) recognized by Central / State Government or U.T. Administration.
- A degree with a minimum of 50% of marks (45% for SC/ST/PC/EXSM) in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Govt
Candidates are advised to only enter percentage of marks (calculated to the nearest two decimals) obtained in the Graduation in the on-line application form. Where no percentage of mark is awarded by the University, but only CGPA/ OGPA is awarded, candidates are advised to convert the same into percentage and enter only the percentage of marks. The fraction of percentage will be ignored and will NOT be rounded off to the next highest integer i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
Minimum: 18 Years and Maximum: 28 Years [The candidates who have completed the age of 18 years as on 01.08.2011 and not completed 28 years as on 01.08.2011 are only eligible to apply. Relaxation in maximum age for SC/ST/OBC/PC/Ex-Servicemen will be as per extant Government Guidelines.]
Rs. 7200 – 19,300/- plus DA, HRA, CCA as per rules in force from time to time depending upon the place of posting.
The selected candidates will be on probation for a period of six months (6 months of active service) from the date of joining as per the rules of the Bank.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
Application Fee/Postage Charges (Non-Refundable):
For SC/ST/PC – Rs 20/-
For All Others including OBC – Rs 100/-
Selection Process: Interview
- Mere eligibility/pass in the stipulated CWE conducted by IBPS for Clerical Cadre posts, shall not vest any right in a candidate for being called for Interview. Depending upon the number of vacancies (State/Union territory- wise), only those
- Candidates who have been issued a valid score card in the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre posts conducted by IBPS in Nov/Dec 2011 and who rank sufficiently high in the order of merit based on the Total Weighted Standard Score (TWSS) as per the cut-off marks (State/Union territory- wise) decided by the Bank will be called for the Interview.
- The Interview will carry 50 Marks. Minimum qualifying marks in the Interview will be 22.50 marks for General Category and 20.00 marks for SC/ST/OBC/PC/EXSM Candidates.
- Final selection will be made State/Union territory – wise, on the basis of total marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Written Examination (CWE) for Clerical cadre posts conducted by IBPS in Nov/Dec 2011 & Interview and will be strictly according to the merit ranking. The candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PC/EXSM will be given relaxation in marks as per extant Government Guidelines.
How To Apply: Apply Here
Eligible candidates are required to apply ‘ON-LINE’ only through our Bank’s website www.iob.in and no other means / mode of application will be acceptable.
Candidates are required to Log on to our Bank’s website www.iob.in and click “Careers” column (available at the bottom of the Bank’s website), then the Careers page will open.
Candidates are required to go through the detailed advertisement by clicking the “Advertisement (English)” or “Advertisement (Hindi)” available under the title “Recruitment of 1500 Clerical Staff 2012” in the Careers Page and ensure candidate’s eligibility before applying for the said post.
Candidates are required to take a print out of blank “Payment Receipt / Challan” available as an Annexure to this notification.
Before applying online the candidate has to remit the application fee/intimation charge as applicable to the candidate with the filled up Payment Receipt/ Challan in any of Indian Overseas Bank branches by means of cash only and collect candidate’s copy of Payment Receipt/ Challan for the application fee / intimation charge paid as mentioned above. Please ensure that the following information has been correctly entered (1) Name, (2) Category, (3) IBPS CWECLERK 2011-12 Registration Number, (4) Branch Name and Code Number, (5) Transaction ID, (6) Date of deposit and amount paid in the Payment Receipt / Challan.
After remitting the application fee/ intimation charge, the candidates are required to revisit our Bank’s website www.iob.in, open the Career Page and click “Apply Online” link available under the title “Recruitment of 1500 Clerical Staff 2012” for Online registration. Log in with the Registration No. or Roll No. and password pertaining to IBPS CWE-CLERK 2011-12 for applying online and fill up the required details provided in the online application form.
After filling up all the details, candidates shall submit the application online. The candidates should then take a printout of the system generated on-line application form. The registration number and password generated should also be retained for future reference.
For detail advertisement please refer to http://www.iob.in/uploads/CEDocuments/CLK%202012%20-%20ENGLISH%20AD.pdf
Call Letters for Interview:
Only those candidates who have met with all the eligibility criteria mentioned in this notification and who have obtained a valid IBPS CWE-CLERK 2011-12 score card and who are shortlisted for appearing in the Interview will be intimated by email at the address (as specified in the on-line application form while applying for CWE for Clerical cadre post conducted in Nov/Dec 2011 by IBPS) (OR) may download the call letter from the Bank’s website. The names/registration number of the candidates who are finally short-listed for Interview will also be available on the Bank’s website www.iob.in. Candidates are requested to keep track of their application status by visiting the Bank’s website from time to time.